I have tried a few carrot cake recipe with different filling in it beside the main carrot ingredient. Some are moist and some are tasty. But this one i love the most, its simple yet delicious loaded with carrots and walnuts. The smell of cinnamon out of the oven is super tempting and i just love the smell of it. I use to leave the topping, not necessary for me as i prefer it to be less sweet so that i can eat more portion. So bake and enjoy it!
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
4 cups grated carrots (9 large carrots will give you about 4 cups grated carrots)
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts ( walnuts or pecans are very good)
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients ( flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon) together.
3. Add to dry mixture to the oil mixture and beat at low speed for 1 minute.
4. Stir in grated carrots and nuts.
5. Spread batter in a greased and floured 9×13 baking pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or until it tests done with a tooth pick.
6. Let it cool before cutting it.